Jul 10, 2008

Pillowcase Dresses

Pillowcase Dresses - i found these on a Martha Stewart site but decided to make a variation of them. Basically, pillowcase dresses are made from a pillowcase - with the top cut off and a drawstring threaded through as straps and neckline.


I thought that the drawstring could be a choking hazard so i replaced it with elastic. The straps are fixed.


Here's an example:










I added the ribbon as embellishment and to be continuous with the straps.






I made a couple more:







I used different fabrics to create a unique piece. I dont use a pattern so each one is always different and unique.













This one is reversible - patterned on one side and plain on the other








No comments:

Looking for a gift?

Check out Lucindas Designs for unique handmade fashions
and Felice Sereno for European Collectables